I’ve received a lot of questions about the pampering session I documented on my Instagram Story not too long ago. So, I’ve decided to drop the skinny to all of you, my subbies! (and if you’ve not yet subscribed to my blog, be sure to do so before your visit is over today 😍 )
Within the last eight months I have really gotten into raw/natural ingredients (with products and produce) while trying my best to stray from heavy chemicals. I still have a long way to go before I am ‘chemical free’ (if that’s even possible) but I like where I’m at as of now. It is a process, so I don’t get frustrated with myself too much over it. Natural products take a little longer before you see any results, however, you don’t get all the side effects that come with prescription meds/ hormone filled produce.
On top of that note, I also want to make two disclaimers:
- You can’t solely rely on topical products to cure your pampering/skin care needs. (And I KNOW, that’s a hard pill to swallow for 90% of us) What you put into your body will reflect on the outside. Bottom line- Don’t spend a ton of money on topical products and complain that it’s not working if you’re not going to invest your time, energy and money into what you are putting in your body. Changing your diet (drinking more water and eating less fast food) and getting more sleep are the MOST important habits to start improving your skin care routine.
- I’m am not doctor. I do not have a degree in this field. None of my advice/ methods have been tested or proved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration). The methods I’m telling you about are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent from disease.
Pampering myself is not something that I do all the time. That’s why I documented it on my Instagram story. I couldn’t hold back! Okayyyyy, here comes the good stuff!
The two main ingredients that I use with everything skin and hair care are coconut oil and baking soda. Weather I’m mixing them together, mixing them with something else or using them separately they still make their way into my routines. I have mentioned this on my YouTube channel a few times but have never fully broken it down for you guys.
I like to use a cup for my Baking Soda so I don’t have to deal with getting the cardboard box in comes in wet.
Melt the coconut oil in warm water. (I don’t like using the microwave). Then mix the Baking Soda in one spoonful at a time until it look like a paste.
Once the mixture is where you would like (a little trial and error) put the mixture into warm water to thin it out. This will help with getting the product into the squeeze bottle. It can get a little messy, but I promise you it will be worth it and you’ll be proud that you made it yourself!!
I like to keep this in the bathroom near the shower or sink for easy access. Heat under hot water before each use. I usually just lay it down by the drain, it softens while I’m wetting my hair and body in the shower. Or, if I’m using it to wash my face with in the mornings or nights, I’ll let the hot water run over in the sink while brushing my teeth.
This truly is the best body and face wash in my opinion. The Baking Soda is a natural deodorant and exfoliant. The coconut oil cuts through and pulls out dirt or build up on the body while moisturizing at the same time. This combination makes for the perfect pampering session!!
Other ways I use these products:
- Mix a spoonful of Baking Soda in my shampoo once a week. When I do this I only wash my scalp. This will really get into any leftover product that could be causing your hair to fall out, weakening the follicle, or blocking oil and sweat glans from their natural duties. You can do this all over your hair if you would like, I usually just let the water run the mixture through my hair though. Just my preference.
- Use coconut oil as my leave-on conditioner. I scoop out a small amount into the palms of my hands and finger the product from the middle to the ends of my hair. I don’t put this on my roots because it can look really oily. However, if I have nothing going on that day (or the next day if I’m doing this at night) then I will coat my hair with the oil as a treatment 🙂
- Use Baking Soda in the washer. Adding a scoop of this into each load of laundry will help make the water softer, making it easier for your clothes to get clean.
- Coconut oil can be used as a sun tanner while also working as a sunblock. Oil in general will attract the sun, but coconut oil can actually be used as a sunblock. It’s only about a SPF 15, so you still need to be mindful of how much sun you are getting. But, it’s natural and there are no harsh chemicals being wiped and absorbing into your body.
- Coconut oil as a sunburn ointment. YES, you read that right! Coconut oil will sooth skin and bring it back to life! Trust me on this. It worked when I vacationed in Mexico earlier this year.
- Baking Soda for conditioner. Now, this isn’t what you think. It won’t be a creamy product that you may be used to. However, watered down Baking Soda will make hair feel so soft and clean! (just like it does in the laundry) And you won’t have chemicals in your hair to make it smell nice. I usually fill the sink up with warm water, mix two spoonfuls of Baking Soda, tip my head over and rinse that mixture through my hair with a cup for about 1-2 minutes.
Now, I’m still a girl who likes to buy for herself every now and then so I thought I would share with you the other two products that you see on my Instagram Story all the time!
Lush Cosmetics Honey Trap Lip Balm, It’s Potent! Eye Benefit Cream by Benefit Cosmetics, and Vanity Planet’s Ultimate Skin Spa. I use these products right before bed every night!! Honestly, I’ve had the lip balm for a couple of months and there is still SO MUCH product left for me to use. The eye cream, I’ve only had it for ten days. I’ve been testing it out. VP- USS is a product that I have been using for about six months.
Honey Trap keeps my lips moisturized for most of the night! I put it on my lips every night about fifteen to thirty minutes before I fall asleep just so I know my lips will absorb it. I really need it because I sleep with a teeth guard (I grind my teeth SO badly) and I’m pretty sure that it makes me sleep with my mouth open sometimes- causing me to breathe through my mouth- causing my lips to dry out. And other than it coming off if I rub against a pillow or sheet in my sleep, it stays on pretty well.
It’s Potent! takes about two weeks before you see any real results. However, I actually am starting to see them already because I’m coming up on that two week time frame. My under eye areas aren’t as dry and they are accepting my concealer more than they used to. I can also see other changes in appearance; tightness and color. There is WAY more product than just for two weeks, so I’m planning on using this eye cream until the container is empty to see if it’s the product for me. I wish that I had the other products in that brand that go with it. I’m pretty sure that each product alone works more efficiently if you’re using the other products of the brand. (I’m sure that’s how all products work). But, this girl is on a budget so we’ll just have to see what happens. Haha
I have raved plenty about the Vanity Planet Ultimate Skin Spa plenty enough, but figured I’d bring it again 🙂 I mostly like this product because it helps get rid of any texture on my cheeks. The other bonuses from it is obviously clearer skin because of a deeper clean. I do pair this with the Baking Soda and coconut oil mixture. LOVE IT! It also comes with other brush heads!
I hope you enjoyed your visit with me today! Please share any pampering routines that you have (that are natural) so I can change it up every now and then 😉
❤️ . Until next time, Morgan Ann
Follow Me On